The people of Knox Waterdown welcome the opportunity to use their resources and talents to help the less fortunate in our neighbourhood, our country and the world as directed by our Lord (James 2:14-26).
Through the Ministry and Outreach Team, the congregation of Knox makes a difference by regularly supporting the work of:
- Presbyterian World Service & Development, which supports targeted projects around the world
- Inner City Ministries (Hamilton) with children’s summer camp supplies and resources, and in the Fall with the Mitten Tree (including scarves, hats etc)
- Wesley Urban Ministries (Hamilton) with socks for children and adults in Winter
- Flamborough Food Bank with on-going donations of food and money. Knox follows a list of "item of the month" with different items being donated each Sunday.
- Save the Mothers (Uganda) with a Mothers Day project, as for example there is an annual fund raising Walk held in the Dundas Driving Park.
- A major Christmas appeal each year for a selected international, national, or local need. For Christmas 2019 Knox supported and raised funds for Mustard Seed International. The funds raised added 5 new classrooms, one new classroom for 5 existing schools in Indonesia. For more details see Programs- Community
- Presbyterians Sharing, the national church fund that supports the overall mission and ministry of The Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Mission Information Sundays, in which a guest speaks about a particular project
- And by contributing to emergency relief for disasters such as the SE Asian tsunami, the Haitian earthquake and the Goderich tornad, the huricane in the Bahamas.
Members of Knox meet regularly to support:
- The Gleaners, who produce a dried soup mix that is shipped around the world for relief and development, powered by volunteers who trim, dice, dry and package the vegetables. Gleaners use surplus produce to feed a hungry world.
- Kairos Prison Ministry, bringing Christ’s love and forgiveness to the incarcerated, their families and those who work with them
We collect items for causes (contact the Church Office for information)
- Used stamps are sent to Christian Salvage Mission in Hamilton to raise funds for missionary needs in the field.
- Used greeting cards are recycled by a retired teacher who uses them in crafts for her local bazaar.
- Used eyeglasses to be distributed where needed by Medical Ministry International
- Pop can tabs to help purchase wheelchairs through the Waterdown Legion.
Members of the Knox congregation are involved with many individual ministry opportunities
We reach out to the local community to share the Good News and to invite people into the Knox community (Matthew 28:16-20).
- various information drives in areas of Hamilton-Waterdown and Burlington-Aldershot